One of the highlights this year, was our thanks giving luncheon. This was an occasion for us to give thanks to God for the achievements and breakthroughs we have experienced this far.
It has been about 10 years ago since we started our operations in Kibra. Over the years, we have also been able to reach out to other similar areas and communities as the need arises. In Kibra, which is our current base of operation, the ministry reaches out to between 200-400 children from 3 years up to 15 years of age and above. These are lives that with doubt the Lord has enable us to share His love and compassion with.
In addition, we have also been able to attain the following achievements:-
- Provision of space for the children to play in and learn God’s word
- Regular instruction in God’s word given to Children
- On-going weekly feeding program for about 300 children from the less privileged communities of Kibra slums
- Payment of school fees and medical expenses for some of the children
- Linking/connection of some children to educational and vocational institutions
- Regular programs in mentorship and exposure/retreat carried out for the children
- On-going home visitations to meet with and touch base with the parents
- Ministry to other child-based institutions in and around Nairobi
In addition, the luncheon was a opportunity to share our vision with the our partners and friends of CHEK.